Thursday, March 9, 2017

Exploring Landscapes

Part 1: 





1. Did you use the rule of thirds? What did you emphasize with it sky or land?
My favorite image is the third one. Yes, I used the rule of thirds while capturing the images on the camera. I tried to emphasize the land in the third image and focused on the large hill in the background. 

2. What Principles of design did you use and how? 
I used numerous principles of design in the third photo. I used balance, proportion, unity, and a sense of variety. 

3. What time of day was your image taken? Was it a good time to shoot or not? Why?
The image was taken in the afternoon around 2:00 pm. I think it was a good time to shoot because it offered plenty of light and illumination throughout the image. It provided a clear image.

4. How did you use the foreground/background relationship?
The background depicts an amazing view of the hills of the San Ramon Valley. The foreground offers a close up shot of the Cal High. The foreground and background contrast each other and give viewers a great view.

Part 2:




Part 3: 

Channel Mixer





Lab Color Method




Gradient Map



Desaturation 



1. Which method do you think produced the best result for you?
In my opinion, the gradient map produced the best black-and-white image.

2. Did you achieve a large value range for each image? If not, which methods worked the best?
I think I did achieve a pretty good value range. Each image looks distinct and unique in its own way. The channel mixer in particular looked very nice and had a good value range.



Magic Glow Photoshop Tutorial:










No comments:

Post a Comment